Our team has experience improving businesses’ accessibility to not only ensure compliance with current accessibility regulations but to help them strive for Universal Design. AbiliTrek welcomes the opportunity to assist businesses in becoming more inclusive to people with disabilities. We offer hourly or fixed-rate project-based contracts.
BENEFITS OF OUR SERVICE:
- Market: By responding to the need for onsite accessibility, businesses would expand the reach of their market base by 19%. In the US, 56.7 million people (one-fifth of the population) have a disability.
- Law: Laws protect the civil rights of people with disabilities, including:
- the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act,
- the Fair Housing Act (FHA),
- and the Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA)
- Protect yourselves: The Department of Justice (DOJ) has set the precedent with hundreds of cases based on discrimination within services, housing, employment, and transportation industries.
ONSITE ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES:
AbiliTrek helps businesses create a more inclusive and welcoming environment for people with disabilities through proven elements of Universal Design.
AbiliTrek Team members or trained Ambassadors will personally assess the accessibility of onsite locations based off of criteria created with four–often overlapping–general typesofdisabilities in mind.
- Mobility: To improve access to individuals with mobility disabilities, our team assesses for accessible routes, entrances, internal spaces as well as the amenities and services provided.
- Limited-Dexterity: To improve access to individuals with limited dexterity, our team assesses for closed-fist access–that there is no need for pinching, twisting, or grasping.
- Blind/Low-vision: To improve access to individuals with blindness or low-vision, our team assesses for Braille, large print, electronic and audio alternatives.
- Deaf/hard of hearing: To improve access to individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing, our team assesses for closed captioning and alternative audio.
AbiliTrek can visit a business’s location, report our findings/experiences to its management. Our evaluation process includes onsite location accessibility, inclusive marketing (signage & written materials), and recommendations for change.
OUR APPROACH IS UNIQUE:
- CEO Daman Wandke’s experience: 9 years in the public/private sector with Multinational corps.
- Provides unique value: We offer a unique perspective on usability based on life-long accessibility experiences as travelers and customers with disabilities.
Believes accessibility is not “one size fits all”: Accessibility cannot be placed in a stereotypical box; one type of accommodation often will not work for all. We have familiarity with limited dexterity, mobility, blind and deaf adaptations.